Although we’re currently floating through fall, the holiday party season is right around the corner and the time to start planning is now. Here are some ideas and trends from the Airlie planning team to make your event fabulous.
1. Consider a woodland or winter wonderland theme vs. a traditional holiday theme. Fresh-cut greens add a festive fragrance and soft look when paired with simple ivory candles. Mason jars, wooden serving platters or stands, and pinecones add to the décor. Opt for colored glassware, candle holders or chargers to set a festive tone.
2. Compliment traditional seating styles with cocktail tables and lounge furniture to encourage mingling. Dine family-style at a long farm table for a feeling of togetherness and celebration.
3. Get social. Create a custom hashtag for your holiday party and encourage guests to share their photos. Take it a step further and hire a photographer with the ability to post to social in real-time. Photo booths with props are also a fun option. Guests will love the photo strip takeaway printed with your company logo or party hashtag.
4. Forego the plated dinner and keep the party moving with creative dining stations and passed hors d’oeuvres. Think hot chocolate and holiday dessert bar.
5. Cheers! Mini Virginia wine tastings, craft beer or cocktail flights add local flavor to your event.
6. Give. Add a charitable component to your event by encouraging guests to bring an item for the food pantry or unwrapped toy to donate. Companies can choose a charitable organization to support ahead of time and create a giving challenge or match employee donations.
Need more ideas? Contact the Airlie planning team today by calling
540-341-3288 or submit an information request.